Monday, October 15, 2007

Trendspotting: Rorschach Blots

If there's one great truth about fashion it's that designers will look for inspiration anywhere. A case in point is the recent batch of clothing and accessories decorated with Rorschach blots. Don't worry, the trend doesn't indicate a neo-Freudian undercurrent in consumer culture; rather, fashion designers have picked up on what is an obvious fact when you take the Rorschach blot out of the context of a psychological evaluation -- they make for totally cool patterns.I admit, I love Rorschach blots. When I was living in Milan, I bought a t-shirt with a blot that looks like a squirrel, and I can't tell you the number of times people have asked me where it was from (uh, Zara) or how I got my hands on it (uh, debit card). If you want to try out the Rorschach blot trend, here are a few items to check out:
Bernard Maisner for Tray 6 Bring on the Rain Rorschach umbrella ($110)
Junior Raglan 3/4 tee from Cafe Press $22
New Buffalo Gestalt T ($25)
H Fredriksson Baby Doll Dress in Cacao/Black

-Via. StyleDash

No comments: